At Crossfit with some of the most supportive women I love dearly.
.

It's been awhile. I thought I would be better at this. The following photos are some of the incredible things that have happened the last month and a half, keeping me busy. The next few blogs are going to be shorter blogs, that explain a lot of my treatments I am going through. All my aunts were wanting to hear all the good news, all my treatments, etc that I was doing. Well. If you have 2 beers worth of time, or 38 minutes, that's about how long it takes for me to explain ALL that we are doing, and how it all works. I believe in being able to understand and explain my treatment, in the most plain terms because that's how I understand it. And if I don't understand how it works or why I am doing it, I won't do it. Plain and simple. It's building blocks. So instead of a really long blog listing out ALLL my treatments and daily things, that half of you won't have time to read, we will break it up into smaller chunks. Way more manageable. And not information overload. 

I also want to preface, that every single cancer journey, is unique. Every person's story is worth listening to. Cancer or no cancer. But if you or a loved one have or had cancer, please don't take this as a protocol for them, or as a "guaranteed answer", or that I am down playing the effectiveness of modern medicine. I absolutely believe there is a time and place for it. Sometimes paired together with alternative medicine. Heck, I work for one of the best hospitals in the state. That's my job! 
Modern medicine saved my husband's leg.......and in combination with other treatments has allowed his body to heal so well- just like we are doing mine! But I have learned about so many peoples cancer journey's whether it's a loved one, or a patient of mine. And there is no "same treatment for everyone" that is a guarantee. Cancer is unique, different for everyone. 

More blogs to come....expect to see a few the next couple days, with a little break as I am working the Vikings Game on Thanksgiving, and then start my work rotation all weekend. Then next week the blogs will continue. :) 


One of the hand crotched blankets we have received we love so much!


Nephew Quinn up from Nebraska. Love this little man so much. And his parents coming all the way up to see us so often has been such a blessing.

Nephew & Niece from Iowa at Halloween. Future Fire Fighter we have here! My uncle said that our family has given enough to public service (mom, dad, uncle, me) and we don't need anymore. But auntie here still highly encourages and buys all pajamas and shirts fire fighter, police, EMS. :) 

Some of my favorite women & my sister at the Crossfit women's event held at our gym! Love these ladies so much, so much support from SO many people at my Crossfit gym. So thankful for everyone there.


Some of our great friends at the benefit! Not many photos taken because there were SO many people!

If you were wondering how Tony is doing...healing! Look at his tiny left calf! :) 
We have AMAZING people at our gym, chiropractor, physical therapy, and acupuncture helping Tony.
 He is now starting to put pressure on it occasionally, but still uses his peg leg most of the day. 


Amazing woman on the left, threw an event & raised thousands of dollars for us with other EMS, Fire, & Police friends, and the woman in the middle is a welcoming smile EVERY time I walk in the door at HCMC with a patient. Such amazing and supportive women. So grateful for them.

This didn't make social media, but I cut my hair even shorter. It was still falling out and I was over the hair that was left, so my barber took it off and re-did the flower in the back. But we turned a corner and my hair is starting to regrow now! 

Great news to come, but look at my AMAZING WIG thanks to Morgan!! My sister's hair stylist in Iowa who had never colored a wig, but worked her magic, gave me a wig that feels SO ME. I wear it almost every day now. I never thought I would wear a wig this much. Morgan did an amazing work of art on my wig and am so thankful for the gift she has to make women feel incredible. 

Comments

Popular Posts